Human trafficking is the fastest growing criminal industry with over 27 million people held in bondage across the world today. And it is not only happening worldwide, but in our own backyards with Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco being identified as primary hotspots for human trafficking activity.
The Dream Center is running in the LA Marathon to bring attention to this plight. ‘Run for Hope’ offers a unique opportunity for individuals to participate, fundraise, and help bring an end to human trafficking by providing support to trafficked victims.
The need. Our reason for running.
- $90 is the average cost of a human slave
- There are 27 million people in slavery worldwide
- Odds of rescue are one in a hundred
- 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders each year
- The average age of entry into prostitution is 12-14 years
The funds raised from this event are used solely for the operating of our human trafficking shelter which houses women who have been victims of trafficking and are in need of physical, mental and spiritual restoration.
If you would like more information on how you can support the Run for Hope team please click HERE.