Assistant Controller (full-time)
Entity: Dream Center Foundation
Department: Business Office
Location: Los Angeles Dream Center
Level/Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000 / Annually
The Dream Center’s purpose is to reconnect isolated people to God and a community of support by providing human services that address immediate and long-term needs in the areas of homelessness, hunger, poverty, addiction, education, and human trafficking. We are building a community of overcomers, people whose lives have been redeemed by God’s love, justified by faith, and born again upon repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord.
Responsible for providing high-level and mid-level support to Controller/CFO as they manage a company’s accounting and financial activities. Their duties include producing financial summary statements, forecasting a company’s financial health and correcting inaccuracies in a company’s financial records.
- Manage and oversee the month end close process. Must be proficient in the use of Quick Books
- Creating financial statements for clients as well as upper management
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports
- Complete management of the Excel based Budget process. Must be highly proficient in the use Excel Pivot Tables
- Assisting Financial Managers with budgeting
- Ensuring all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles.
- Collaborating with the IT department to maintain financial records and system processes
- Identifying solutions to discrepancies in financial records
- Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts and statements to understand the financial state of business
- Supervise employees covering the Account Payable and Receivable functions for multiple entities.
- Monitor a company’s financial reports and determine ways to reduce costs.
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles and best practices
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Track and Invoice for the CalVIP grant program.
- Assist the Controller/CFO as needed to support the needs of the organization.
- Business administration degree with accounting or finance concentration
- 3-5 years accounting and budgeting experience with personnel supervision in a non-profit environment
- Expert knowledge of Quick Books software.
- Expert knowledge in Excel utilizing Pivot tables.
Job Application - Assistant Controller
Please fill out all fields. Thank you.
Schedule a tour
Join us for one of our weekly tours to experience the Dream Center firsthand, and hear the stories of lives being transformed for the better.
Tours are available every week, Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm.
Hope to see you soon!