Our Outreach Programs provide free assistance to those struggling in the surrounding communities in the form of food, clothing, furniture, childrens’ programs and more. This support allows families and individuals to focus on their personal growth, family health, and stability while having basic needs met on a consistent basis.
Since Adopt-A-Block was established in the year 2000, more than 200,000 lives have been impacted. Through this weekly outreach, the Dream Center partners with many volunteers and other organizations to visit over 23 underserved neighborhoods with the goal of finding a need and filling it. Our outreach programs include distributing food, hygiene items and other essentials, playing with kids, picking up trash, and visiting families door-to-door.
In a typical month, we distribute around 20,000 articles of clothing. Through this weekly outreach, the Dream Center partners with many volunteers to visit over 15 underserved neighborhoods with the goal of finding a need and filling it. As many as 500 volunteers serve by distributing food, hygiene items and other essentials, playing with kids, picking up trash, and visiting families door-to-door. Practical services are also available to the community to provide emotional, physical, mental and spiritual support.
Disaster Relief collaborates with various churches and other organizations in order to quickly provide resources and emotional and spiritual support to victims affected by natural disasters occurring in the United States. Resources such as hygiene products, baby products, food and water are just some of the items distributed. Join us in our efforts to help those who are affected by natural disasters by giving today!
Mobile Food Banks
An estimated 2 million people in Los Angeles county live with food insecurity, which means 1 in 5 people who live here may not know where their next meal is coming from (Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, 2019). The Dream Center addresses this need by distributing food to individuals and families in over 23 local distribution sites. On average, our food programs feed more than 20,000 people monthly. Over the course of a year, more than 500,000 bags of groceries are distributed.
Site Locations & Times
Monday Site Locations & Times:
- Site 1: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Santa Ynez
- 2127 Santa Ynez Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Site 2: 2:30PM – 3:30PM William Mead
- 293 Cardinal Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Site 3: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Pueblos
- 54th Street & Long Beach Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90011
Tuesday Site Locations & Times:
- Site 1: 10:30AM –11:30AM Edgeware
- 353 E Edgeware Road, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Site 2: 10:30AM -11:30AM Bonnie Brae
- 273 Bonnie Brae Los Angeles, CA 90057
- Site 3: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Plaza Del Sol
- 1300 Plaza del Sol, Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Site 4: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Gratt’s EEC
- 1415 W 5th Street, Los Angeles CA 90017
- Site 5: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Nickerson Gardens
- 11335 Success Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90059
Wednesday Site Locations & Times:
- Site 1: 10:30AM – 11:30AM Hoover
- 2669 W 9th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90006
- Site 2: 10:30AM – 11:30AM Chinatown
- 323 S Avenue 19, Los Angeles, CA 90031
- Site 3: 2:30PM – 3:00PM Church on the Way
- 7121 Tyrone Ave000, Van Nuys, CA 91405
- Site 4: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Norwood
- W 20th Street & S Oak Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Site 5: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Imperial Courts
- 11583 Gorman Ave, Los Angeles, California, 90059
Thursday Site Locations & Times:
- Site 1: 10:30AM – 11:30AM Logan Street School
- 1720 Montana Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Site 2: 10:30AM – 11:30AM 1st & Chicago
- 2124 E 1st Street, Los Angeles CA 90033
- Site 3: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Gilbert Lindsay
- 430 E 41st Place, Los Angeles, CA. 90011
- Site 4: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Rosemont Elementary
- 421 Rosemont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Site 5: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Hollywood
- 5545 Virginia Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90038
Friday Site Locations & Times:
- Site 1: 10:30AM – 11:30 AM Western
- 6909 S. Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047
- Site 2: 10:30AM – 11:30 AM Sichel
- 1721 Sichel St, Los Angeles, CA 90023
- Site 3: 2:30PM – 3:30PM MacArthur Park
- 645 South Park View, Los Angeles, CA 90057
- Site 4: 2:30PM – 3:30PM 5th & Union
- W 5th Street & Union Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90057
- Site 5: 2:30PM – 3:30PM Estrada Courts
- 3203 Glenn Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90023
foster care intervention
The Foster Care Intervention team works with individual families who have open cases with the Department of Children and Family Services. We help families stay together by providing basic necessities and in many cases, the furniture they need. Our goal in partnering with DCFS is to help loving families avoid separation, provide support families who are in the process of reunification and ultimately help close their case.
Human Trafficking Rescue
The Dream Center’s Human Trafficking Rescue and two-month Emergency Shelter provides all necessary emergency services, food, housing, and basic items to adult female victims of domestic abuse, addiction and human trafficking. In this safe and private setting, staff individually work with each woman to find more permanent lodging, get psychiatric evaluations, be medically tested and treated, and pursue a healthy lifestyle in society.
Through Jail Outreach, inmates in Los Angeles’ Men’s Central Jail, Twin Towers and Century Regional Detention can be discipled, encouraged and befriended by Dream Center staff and volunteers. With weekly visits and mentorship, Bible studies and church services, individuals of different demographics and backgrounds are equipped for release through enrollment in the Dream Center Discipleship (DCD) program. Serving as a bridge between those incarcerated in jail and those recovering in DCD, the outreach teams help build a loving community for incarcerated men and women.
The Kidz JAM program teams up with Adopt A Block to provide emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual support to the many youth of the 23 underserved neighborhood sites served by Adopt A Block. Through sports, games, and other activities, many of the volunteers and staff make a difference in their lives through consistency and simply being present in their lives.