Communications Specialist (full time)
Entity: Dream Center Foundation
Report to: Associate Marketing Manager
Location: Los Angeles Dream Center
The Dream Center’s purpose is to reconnect isolated people to God and a community of support by providing human services that address immediate and long-term needs in the areas of homelessness, hunger, poverty, addiction, education, and human trafficking. We are building a community of overcomers, people whose lives have been redeemed by God’s love, justified by faith, and born again upon repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord.
Reporting to the Associate Marketing Manager, the Communications Specialist will help plan, coordinate, research, write, and execute marketing and communication strategies and tasks. This position will be a critical component for the success of the Marketing team and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the company. This position will also be responsible for working closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, and leadership develop communication strategies, positioning, content, and more for new branding initiatives. The position will entail management of volunteers, projects, and content.
We are looking for someone who is passionate for the mission and can work collaboratively with the team to contribute purposeful creative and strategic ideas to accomplish our goals. Applicants with experience working with creative and/or marketing teams and working cross-collaboratively between departments will be given prime consideration.
- Plan and coordinate, research, write, and execute marketing and communication tools, achieving the highest level of quality and ensuring consistency with corporate identity, and brand messaging for but not limited to:
- promotional, advertising, fundraising, and brand material
- website, e-communications, print, video, and social media, PR material
- internal and external audiences/needs
- Collaborate with the team to create effective marketing material as required, come up with creative concepts and determine target audience along with messaging and tone.
- Engage in up-to-date research on issues related to the Dream Center’s mission
- Provide support to all departments within the Dream Center to ensure that all material reflects cohesive and consistent brand “voice”
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications, and other managers on the team to support the department/organization
- Moderate user-generated content and communication for and from each community and platform
- Help develop and implement strategic media plans and foster and maintain media relations and other stakeholders, key players, and constituents to promote the organization
- Identify and develop newsworthy features for multiple communication channels including media
- Represent the organization as a spokesperson as needed, and/or coordinate, equip, collaborate and train with other spokespersons to represent the brand
- Assist with planning, set-up, and execution of internal and external marketing events
- Attend external and internal meetings and events to grow, seek opportunities, and/or learn about current issues and trends
- Assist other marketing efforts including but not limited to research, data entry, content creation, admin, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or alternative in related field preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in marketing, writing and content, and communications or public relations, with demonstrated success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to write in various “tones” and adapt to other styles of writing
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations strategy/activities, creating presentations, and concepting campaigns
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, and experience with project management and collaboration applications like AirTable and Slack
- Familiarity with the AP and Oxford Style guides preferred
- Fluency in speaking and writing Spanish is a plus
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and be a proven team player, and works well with others
- Requires repetitive movement
- Requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
Job ApplicationPlease fill out all fields. Thank you.
Schedule a tour
Join us for one of our weekly tours to experience the Dream Center firsthand, and hear the stories of lives being transformed for the better.
Tours are available every week, Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm.
Hope to see you soon!