Department: Marketing & Communications
Reporting To: Director of Marketing
Location: Los Angeles Dream Center
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Associate Marketing Manager will oversee the smooth operation of the department and to attain the department goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the company. This will entail the management of staff, projects, communications and marketing campaigns, generating engagement, increase membership, and assist in everything from brand building to fundraising, marketing events, constituent acquisition/retention and more. The Associate Marketing Manager should posses strong leadership and teamwork to seek opportunities to introduce and cultivate growth. The position works with both external partners and internal stakeholders and must be organized and able to manage a high volume of projects. Prime candidates must be creative, analytical, and organized, with a good eye for quality content and a strong sense of how to measure departmental success. A sense of humor, empathy, flexibility, and humility are essential for this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies to increase organic reach through link building, content distribution, social media, and strategic partnerships.
- Manage and collaborate with staff which includes designers, writers, photographers, videographers, developers, and outsource/freelance vendors to:
- create and maintain an engaging and strategic content calendar to significantly increase traffic to the blog, web page views, social media platforms, e-communications, SMS, and other key content metrics
- manage and traffic projects from concept through production and maintain content calendars to ensure deadlines are met
- manage all creative and production resources
- develop and create with the team marketing and communication strategies, creative and on-brand, effective campaigns and promotions across all marcom platforms that connect us with our target customers.
- create and develop marketing, communication and production plans and execute branded marketing materials needed for various needs for fundraising, events, awareness, recruitment, and more
- support all internal departments as needed
- help initiate, develop, and cultivate influencer relationships
- support and elevate customer experience both digitally and in-person both with our local and national communities
- Develop a deep understanding of our mission/organization and provide ideas/methods as well as ongoing solutions for communication.
- Research and engage in up-to-date research on issues related to the Dream Center’s mission.
- Support revenue-increasing strategies through fundraising and other entities that include building out acquisition and retention experiences for constituents.
- A/B testing, gathering analytics, and reporting on digital media channel effectiveness to the overall team.
- Support media relations and other PR initiatives and accommodate marketing needs from philanthropy or PR events
- Support and implement any needs for the team along with any other requests made by the Director of Marketing & Communications to support the department.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Four-year college degree, with at least 5 years post-college experience in marketing (digital and traditional), and/or advertising.
- Experience managing a team within a related field or industry
- Non-profit, cause marketing, and/or faith-based organization experience preferred
- Passion for mission, charity and/or philanthropy
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent project management, follow up, and organization skills
- Firm knowledge of website analytics tools and appreciation for data
- Proven experience in creatively devising tactics for target audience(s) and strategies for marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
- Great eye and understanding of best design/creative practices with experience in creative/content production and management
- Current knowledge of best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to social & digital media
- Ability to work and lead cross-functionally in a fast-paced organization
We are looking for someone with:
- Enthusiasm for social media, digital marketing as well as traditional, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passionate about mission-driven, service-oriented work with a logical and creative mind but an
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with good management skills. You will be
generating assets and supervising deliverables, engaging in social media outlets, writing copy,
and supportively creating graphic assets
- Essential skills include the ability to work as a leader AND a member of a team; ability to take
direction and execution; good writing skills; strategic mind and creative ideas; willingness to
speak up; and ability to manage people and deadlines, being proactive and communicative.
- Embody the culture and principles of a leader, that leads by example with a service mindset
- Good understanding of the functions of and the relationship between marketing and
communications to implement and manage effectively for all strategies and deliverables.
- Good understanding and familiarity with digital advertising and marketing
- Experience with Adobe programs and basic understanding in principles of front/back-end web
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms and their uses and facets, not just how they work, but
their opportunities, shortcomings, and ways to manage them.
- Familiar with CRMs and CMS platforms, and other applications like Google Suite, Google Ads,
Google Analytics, Facebook Marketing, Spreadsheets, AirTable and Slack
- Intrapersonal skills to support any constituent management and cultivation
- Ability to multitask multiple projects of a diverse workload, at times with tight deadlines;
understand factors that may arise like production requirements and scheduling factors.
- Ability to be flexible and pivot priorities and projects when unexpected needs arise
- Management of vendors including but not limited to creative outsource vendors, printers, and
external production departments
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go-getter attitude while not compromising a spirit of excellence
- Personable with strong character
- A customer-centric and organizational priority mindset that’s comfortable addressing challenges
- Willingness to work off-hours, weekends, or even holidays if needed
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
The Marketing and Communications department of the Dream Center Foundation is committed to fulfilling the daily needs of the organization while developing a competitive brand to expand reach through effective strategies and communication. Servicing multiple entities, including the Dream Center, the Dream Center Network, Dream Center Fitness, and Angelus Temple, this role will play a vital role in cultivating growth in the daily operations and the development of the Dream Center parent organization. Breaking the mold of faith-based and charity organizations, the Dream Center is an action-driven, bold and mission-minded non-profit servicing the various communities of Los Angeles through multiple outreach and transitional housing programs. The Dream Center impacts approximately 40,000 people through multiple services every month, supporting the needs of people and communities facing the challenges of addiction, homelessness, abuse, hunger, and poverty.
This role is a full-time exempt position and will be based in Los Angeles. Compensation package includes medical, dental and vision health plans, vacation, and sick time off.