Entity: Dream Center Foundation
Department: Business Office
Location: Los Angeles Dream Center
Responsible for overseeing and directing treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting for the organization by performing the following duties at the discretion of the Executive Pastor and Executives. Duties include producing financial summary statements, forecasting a company’s financial health and correcting inaccuracies in a company’s financial records for all the entities located at the Dream Center. The entities are noted below:
- Angelus Temple
- Dream Center
- Dream Center Discipleship
- Lord’s Gym
- 2301 LA Holdings
- City Help
- Evaluates financial position of all entities and issues periodic reports on its financial stability, liquidity, and growth
- Oversees the finance team in providing and directing procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of budget programs upon Executive approval
- Coordinates tax reporting programs
- Assists in the preparation of Financial Position in board meetings
- Establishes and maintains contacts with financial institutions and the investment community
- Analyzes all health, commercial, and business insurances with HR and Risk Management to ensure cost-effective coverage.
- Understands tax-exempt laws and compliance regulations, establishes policies to ensure compliance once approved by Executives.
- Oversees annual audit and tax filings
- Stewards funds, securities, and assets
- Oversees international financial records for foreign related party organizations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Math Ability:
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and equations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office word processing software; Excel spreadsheet software; QuickBooks accounting software; Inventory software; Payroll systems; Design software; Internet software; Human Resource systems; Order processing systems; Project Management software and Contact Management systems.
- Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant
- Problem solver – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Managing People – Includes team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to team; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organization Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm
- Must be available to attend trainings and mandatory staff meetings
Job ApplicationPlease fill out all fields. Thank you.
Schedule a tour
Join us for one of our weekly tours to experience the Dream Center firsthand, and hear the stories of lives being transformed for the better.
Tours are available every week, Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm.
Hope to see you soon!